MN Scholarship Process
All MN students who are admitted and successfully submit FAFSA information to the University of Minnesota are eligible to receive School of Nursing scholarships. MN students do not apply for School of Nursing scholarships. Scholarship decisions are based on student admission application and FAFSA information.
If a student is awarded School of Nursing scholarship funding, they will receive award notification as part of their admission decision. The total amount awarded at the time of admissions will be for their entire program - four semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall). The total award amount will be divided and dispersed each semester accordingly. Unfortunately, not all students who apply will receive a School of Nursing scholarship. It is strongly encouraged that students seek additional funding through external scholarships.
Graduate Scholarships: This list is subject to change based on donors' wishes and availability of funding.
- Step 1: Apply to the MN program via NursingCAS by November 1
- Step 2: Submit the FAFSA application by November 1 (FAFSA available October 1)
- Step 3: If admitted, accept admission decision by completing the Intent to Enroll and pay enrollment deposit
Award Notification and Next Steps
If a student is awarded a School of Nursing scholarship, they will need to be aware of a few steps and dates within the awarding process.
- Award notifications will be sent when receiving your admission decision. Additionally, students will receive another scholarship notification via email at the beginning of July. These emails will indicate the specific scholarships and amounts the student is receiving.
- Scholarship recipients are required to write a thank you letter to their scholarships' specific donors. The letter is required to be sent by the middle of August.
- Funds will be dispersed into the student's account at the beginning of each semester. Students are strongly encouraged to check and double check their accounts to ensure the amounts and scholarship names match what was indicated in their award notification. If there is a discrepency, please contact the Office of Student and Career Advancements Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-625-7980.
- Students are encouraged to attend the annual Dean's Scholarship Reception in October. RSVPs are required and the link will be provided in the award notification.
More information and details are provided on the Scholarship Recipient Frequently Asked Questions page.
Unfortunately, not all students applying will receive School of Nursing scholarships. More information about the scholarship process may be helpful.