Welcome to the University of Minnesota School of Nursing
The school celebrated 100 years of leading nursing and health innovation in 2009.
School of Nursing - At a Glance
- 950 students in graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Opened a state-of-the-art learning simulation and teaching environment in 2013, the Bentson Center.
- Largest Doctor of Nursing Practice full-time enrollment in the U.S.
- Graduate program in nursing informatics ranked 2nd in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- First school of nursing in the nation to offer Doctor of Nursing Practice programs in Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nursing Informatics and Health Innovation and Leadership.
- First midwifery program to be fully accredited with the Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- The School of Nursing awards $2 million in scholarships annually.
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty with 35 inducted as fellows into the American Academy of Nursing.
*NCLEX most recent data available
**Footnote: annual, average direct costs.
To generate knowledge and prepare nurse leaders who will create, lead, and participate in holistic efforts to improve the health of all people within the context of their environments.
The School of Nursing envisions a world where nurses lead collaborative efforts to attain optimal health for all people.