Welcome to the University of Minnesota School of Nursing
The school celebrates 110 years of leading nursing and health innovation in 2019.
School of Nursing - At a Glance
- First school of nursing to offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in nurse anesthesia, nursing informatics, and health innovation and leadership.
- Second largest full-time DNP program in the country and the program is ranked in the top 10 percent by U.S. News and World Report.
- The informatics program is ranked second in the nation and the midwifery program is ranked second by U.S. News and World Report.
- Awarded $2.3 million in scholarships from the school during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Fifth consecutive year of being recognized with the Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine
- Chair and professorship endowment fund valued at $9.8 million (June 2018)
- Thirty-four faculty are fellows of the American Academy of Nursing
- The school operates two Nurse Practitioners Clinics
- Awarded the Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership Award by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for Nursing Collaboratory
To generate knowledge and educate leaders to shape the future of nursing and advance health care to improve the health and wellbeing of all.
Optimal health and wellbeing for all people and the planet.