Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
Our center was established to lead gerontological nursing research, education, and practice by generating new knowledge, disseminating findings, and translating research into practice which serves local and global needs to improve the health of older individuals, their families, and communities.
About our center
Lead gerontological nursing research, education, and practice by generating new knowledge, disseminating findings, and translating research into practiceOur mission is to mprove the health and well-being of aging adults through nursing science, education, practice and collaboration
The Center for Aging Science and Care Innovation is committed to improving the health, quality of life, and delivery of quality nursing care to older adults of diverse cultures. Center faculty are strengthening and expanding partnerships with community agencies and organizations that will advance gerontological nursing research and its utilization in practice and education.
Our vision is to empower all aging adults to optimize their health and well-being
Our goals are to:
- Convene nursing and interprofessional faculty and community partners to advance science, education, and practice related to the health and well-being of aging adults and their caregivers.
- Lead clinical and community-based research to improve the health, independence, and well-being of diverse aging adults and their caregivers.
- Mentor the current and future workforce of nursing scientists, educators, and practitioners pursuing careers in aging.
- Center for Adolescent Nursing
- Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
- Center for Child and Family Health Promotion Research
- Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Center for Nursing Informatics
- Katharine J. Densford International Center for Nursing Leadership