Opportunity for family members of persons with memory loss
- Are you caring for a person with memory loss?
- Would you like more help in caring for this person with memory loss?
You may be eligible to participate in a new study at the University of Minnesota!
We are examining the efficacy of a remote health monitoring system, called the "eNeighbor." This project is funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (HS022836-01). Dr. Joseph E. Gaugler, University of Minnesota School of Nursing and Center on Aging, is the Principal Investigator of this project.
Family, partner or friend who is a caregiver of a person with memory loss.
We will ask caregivers to participate for an 18-month period. Family members are asked to complete interviews.surveys and a checklist initially and every 6 months thereafter for 18 months. These interviews/surveys will take about 45-60 minutes to complete. We will also ask a select group of caregivers to complete a 60 minute interview 1 month after completion of their final 18-month interview/survey.
At a place of the caregiver's choosing.
While the promise of remote health monitoring in a person's home may provide significant support to caregivers of persons with memory loss, whether these innovative technologies work or not remains an open question.
Free use of the eNeighbor system for 1.5 years if you are randomly assigned to use the technology. if you are not selected to use the technology, we will provide this technology to you for free over an 18-month period on a first-come, first-served basis at the conclusion of the project.
- Faculty Experts
- Research Day 2018
- Research Projects
- Care to Plan
- Clinical Teaching in Nursing Homes
- Culturally Responsive Nursing Care for American Indian Elders
- Families Preventing Diabetes Together
- Get a Head Start on Asthma
- HOME Plus
- Indian Family Stories Project
- Integrative Mental Health Care Orientation Modules
- ACT Trial
- Knee Osteoarthritis Study
- PAACE Trial
- PAD PRAIRIE
- Prime Time
- Yoga for Parkinson's Disease
- Faculty Grants
- Research Seminars
- About the Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship
- Student Research Resources