- Environmental, social and individual factors fostering healthy youth development
- Coping mechanisms in immigrant and refugee youth
- Drugs, substance use, violence and mental health in immigrant and refugee youth
- Symptom measurement and management in movement disorders
- Symptom interventions for individuals with disabilities.
- Patients/providers communication pattern to improve patient outcomes
- Quality of life issues for individuals with disabilities.
- Prevention of impairments and limitation in disabled population.
- Overlapping pain syndrome in neurological disabilities.
- Use of mobile and web-based health interventions/apps and technology for promoting health self-management
- Symptom management of chronic conditions in adults and older adults
- Fecal/dual incontinence, associated skin problems (dermatitis, pressure injury)
- Health disparities
- APN utilization in new models of health care delivery
- Family adjustment after international adoption
- Parent-child attachment/relationship
- Neurobiological, cognitive, social, and emotional effects of early childhood deprivation (hospitalization or orphanage care)
- Complexity compression: factors influencing the nursing work environment
- Education interventions to improve nursing student learning outcomes including use of simulations
- Quality of long-term care delivered to elders
- Promoting lifestyle behaviors among older adults
- Mobile health (mHealth) technology to enhance motivation for physical activity
- Interventions to promote motivation for engagement in fall-reducing physical activity
- Promoting healthy physical and emotional trajectories into adulthood
- Trans-disciplinary eco-health research to advance global health
- Use of mHealth and photovoice strategies in health promotion
- Cardiovascular disease and cardiac rehabilitation
- Interventions to increase physical activity, improve sleep and enhance quality of life
- Mobile health and integrative therapies for health promotion and disease prevention
Clinical Assistant Professor
Clinical Professor Distinguished University Teaching Professor
Professor, Associate Vice President for Clinical Affairs