Dual Degree: DNP/MPH
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and Master’s in Public Health (MPH) Dual Degree Program
A powerful combination
The DNP/MPH dual degree program allows nursing students to bridge the knowledge of two caring disciplines: nursing and public health.
As a DNP/MPH, you will create and implement evidenced-based interventions to provide quality care that improves the health and well-being of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
You will learn how to effectively address public health policy problems and influence policy-makers to make change at all levels. Population-based solutions are increasingly critical during this time of great healthcare reform.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to navigate the complex relationship between nursing practice and public health delivery system.
- For DNP students, the dual degree can be completed with two additional semesters of study
- DNP student choose up to 12 credits of public health elective classes to complement their DNP program curriculum
- The DNP scholarly project may meet curriculum requirements for both programs
Because 14 nursing credits transfer to the Master’s in Public Health (with approval), the dual degree saves time and money.
- April 1 for summer semester admission
- August 1 for fall semester admission
- December 1 for spring semester admission
For DNP students, the dual degree can be completed with two additional semesters of study (approximately $11,000 in tuition per semester).
Because 14 nursing credits transfer to the Master of Public Health (with approval) the dual degree saves time and money.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- PhD in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Application Information
- Specialty Videos
- Adult/Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Health Innovation and Leadership
- Integrative Health and Healing
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nursing Informatics
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Technical Standards
- Which Program is Right for Me?
- Technical Standards
- Meet Our Students
- Office of Student & Career Advancement Services