Distinguished Alumni Humanitarian Award
This award honors a School of Nursing graduate for exceptional humanitarian service in a healthcare environment. Nominee must excel in at least two of the following:
- Nominee goes beyond the excellence expected of our U of MN nursing graduates through demonstrated leadership in: a) the assessment/alleviation of significant health care problem(s), b) development and/or implementation of an innovation in health care delivery or, c) leadership in inter-professional work that addresses a significant health problem.
- Performs extraordinary altruistic and humanitarian healthcare service.
- Changes/saves lives through holistic care efforts.
- Makes a meaningful difference in the world through sustained leadership in focusing nursing actions on societal health care concerns.
- Provides distinguished service that brings honor to the nursing profession, the School of Nursing and the University
Eligible individuals are graduates of the School of Nursing
- Complete the nomination form
- Attach nominee’s current curriculum vitae
- Letter from primary nominator to include reasons for nominating this individual and addressing the nominee’s activities related to stated criteria.
- Additional letter(s) should be one page and may be from colleagues of the nominee, faculty members or an alumni knowledgeable regarding nominee’s achievements.
- Send completed nomination materials to Barb Mullikin at email@example.com.
- The School of Nursing Alumni Awards Committee will review the nominations and select an awardee. For questions or more information, contact Barb Mullikin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Award
Recipient will receive an inscribed plaque/memento and a certificate presented at the School of Nursing Spring annual reunion.
For questions or more information, contact Barb Mullikin at email@example.com.
Delores Johnson Huanca
Carol Pederson (posthumous)