Before You Apply
It is important to us that your program be a good fit for you. We look forward to working with you to answer questions about our Master of Nursing (MN) program and how it fits with the next steps of your career goals.
Do I meet the requirements?
- Baccalaureate degree from accredited institution in a non-nursing area of study (must be completed by June 1 of the year of admission if offered)
- A minimum degree GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) from the most recently obtained bachelor's, master's, or terminal degree at the time of application.
- Five (5) of the prerequisites complete by the November 1 application deadline. If you do not have a strong science background in your previous coursework, we recommend that at least 3 of the 5 courses be in the sciences. All 9 prerequisites must be complete prior to the start of the program.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE). If you have a completed graduate or terminal degree (master or doctoral degrees) by the application deadline, you do not have to take the GRE.
- English proficiency score - only applicable to non-native English speakers.
What do I need for the application?
You will be asked to submit the following information with the application:
- Official from all post-secondary transcripts
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE), if applicable
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Professional references
- English language proficiency, if applicable
What are the factors that are considered when my application is reviewed?
- Academic record: degree GPA, prerequisite GPA, and rigor, patterns and consistency in academic record.
- GRE Score: scores in the 50 percentile or higher are competitive.
- Career reasoning: Intentional and goal-oriented reasoning to choose a nursing career.
- Leadership and community involvement
- Prior or current research or research-related experience
- Contribution to the cultural, gender, age, economic, racial, or geographic diversity of the student body
- Commitment to serving diverse communities locally and/or globally through work, volunteer or study abroad programs.
- Military service
- Writing skills
- Professional or related experience
- Letters of reference
- Interview-related characteristics (i.e. interpersonal skills, professionalism, communication skills)
- Extenuating circumstances
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- PhD in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Which Program is Right for Me?
- Meet Our Students
- Office of Student & Career Advancement Services