The University of Minnesota, School of Nursing seeks faculty who share our vision of preparing nurse leaders to improve health care through evidence-based research, education, practice and professional and community service. We welcome candidates who are prepared to exercise leadership in a diverse, collegial and inter-professional environment at this top research university.
The School of Nursing is specifically interested in senior scientists with established research programs related to the School’s focal areas which are
- Health Promotion among Vulnerable Populations
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Symptom Management
- Health/Nursing Informatics and Systems Innovation
Additional faculty search priorities include
- Adult/Gerontological Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult and Older Adult Health
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist,
- Nurse Informatician
For PhD prepared individuals with a sustained record of grantsmanship and publications in a defined area of research. Typically has already been tenured at similar institution.
For PhD (or equivalent) prepared individuals with an identified area of research and a developing focus on grantsmanship and publications. Typically has completed post-doc or has beginning funding and publication record.
For individuals with research or practice doctorate and an interest in teaching, research and scholarship, and service/practice missions. Emphasis is typically teaching and/or practice with opportunities for research and scholarship development.
The Director of Faculty Practice and Partnerships works closely with healthcare organizations, businesses, corporations (not-for-profit & for-profit), and other community partners, overseeing and engaging in innovation and development of products and services.
Other Employment Opportunities
- Go to: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/
- Click on either "external applicants" or "university employees", depending on your status.
- Follow the directions to register as an applicant, and apply/upload your materials to job posting
The University of Minnesota offers excellent benefits.
- Message from the Dean
- Faculty & Staff
- Cooperative Units
- Our Facilities
- Inclusivity & Diversity
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Giving to Nursing
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities