The University of Minnesota, School of Nursing seeks faculty who share our vision of preparing nurse leaders to improve health care through evidence-based research, education, practice and professional and community service. We welcome candidates who are prepared to exercise leadership in a diverse, collegial and inter-professional environment at this top research university. Please note, these positions require an on-campus presence at our Twin Cities and potentially our Rochester locations. These are not online instructional/faculty positions.
The School of Nursing is specifically interested in senior scientists with established research programs related to the School’s focal areas which are
- Health Promotion among Vulnerable Populations
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Symptom Management
- Health/Nursing Informatics and Systems Innovation
Additional faculty search priorities include
- Adult and Older Adult Health
- Adult/Gerontological Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Informatician
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
For PhD (or equivalent) prepared individuals with a sustained record of grantsmanship and publications in a defined area of research. Typically has already been tenured at similar institution.
For PhD (or equivalent) prepared individuals with an identified area of research and a developing focus on grantsmanship and publications. Typically has completed post-doc or has beginning funding and publication record.
For individuals with research or practice doctorate and an interest in teaching, research and scholarship, and service/practice missions. Emphasis is typically teaching and/or practice with opportunities for research and scholarship development.
Other Employment Opportunities
- Go to: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/
- Click on either "external applicants" or "university employees", depending on your status.
- Follow the directions to register as an applicant, and apply/upload your materials to job posting
The University of Minnesota offers excellent benefits.
By nearly every measure, the Twin Cities area ranks among the country’s most desirable places to live, offering exceptional cultural, social, and recreational opportunities.
Forbes ranks U of MN #65 of the best employers in the US
- Message from the Dean
- Faculty & Staff
- Our Facilities
- Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Giving to Nursing
- Planetary Health
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities