An activity monitoring study for people with cardiovascular disease
- Have you been told that you have cardiovascular disease?
- Have you been referred to cardiac rehab?
- Are you 40-80 years old?
Consider participating in an activity monitoring research program conducted by the University of Minnesota!
Purpose of study
The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of a physical activity and sleep tracking device on levels of physical activity and sleep among individuals eligible for cardiac rehabilitation.
- More than 16 million Americans have a diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, which is defined as coronary heart disease, stroke, heart attack or congestive heart failure
- Physical activity, at any age, protects against many chronic health problems, including many forms of cardiovascular disease
- Even small increases in physical activity are associated with a significant reduction in cardiovascular risk, even if you have existing disease
Benefits of participation
- Physical activity is recommended for people with cardiovascular disease and has many health benefits
- Learn about your patterns of physical activity and sleep
- Free parking will be provided
- Compensation will be provided
- Free Garmin vívofit band upon study completion
- You will be provided Information on your physical function from assessments throughout the study
- You will be screened to make sure exercise is safe for you
- You will wear a Garmin vívofit band on your wrist to monitor physical activity and sleep
- You will meet with study staff in-person every 3 weeks to upload data from the Garmin vívofit
- You will have your leg strength assessed every 3 months – an important factor of overall health and aging
- Faculty Experts
- Research Projects
- Care to Plan
- Clinical Teaching in Nursing Homes
- Culturally Responsive Nursing Care for American Indian Elders
- Families Preventing Diabetes Together
- Get a Head Start on Asthma
- HOME Plus
- Indian Family Stories Project
- Integrative Mental Health Care Orientation Modules
- Knee Osteoarthritis Study
- PAACE Trial
- PAD PRAIRIE
- Prime Time
- Yoga for Parkinson's Disease
- Faculty Grants
- Research Seminars
- About the Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship
- Research Day 2017