24th Annual Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife Student Conference
Keys to a Successful Transition into Advanced Practice Nursing
Keys to a Successful Transition into AP Nursing Now and in the Future is a conference hosted by a consortium of Minnesota colleges and universities (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities; College of St. Scholastica, Duluth; Minnesota State University – Mankato; Winona State University; Metropolitan State University, St. Paul; College of St. Catherine; and Bethel University) that offer nurse practitioner and /or midwifery programs.
This annual conference - the only one of its kind in Minnesota – offers informational sessions that help graduates prepare for their new primary care practice roles; sessions such as contract negotiations, prescriptive authority, scope of practice, malpractice issues and protection, credentialing, and other essential information necessary for new practitioners.
- Digital copies of conference materials will be emailed out before the conference. Printed materials will not be provided.
- Bring a laptop, make sure it is charged and bring your charger. Some extension cords and outlets will be available.
- Students will be able to meet recruiters with industry expertise in the growing demand for reliable, patient-focused healthcare providers.
- Students attending from schools around the state:
- Bethel University
- College of St. Scholastica
- Mayo Clinic
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University - Mankato
- St. Catherine University
- University of Minnesota, School of Nursing
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Winona State University - Rochester
Now What? Where You and Your Nurse Practitioner Profession Are Going
Margaret Fitzgerald DNP, FNP-BC, NP-C, FAANP, CSP, FAAN, DCC, FNAP
Rules and Regulations for the APRN
Julie Sabo, PhD, RN, APRN, CNS
Resumes Worth Reading
Renee Dahring, MS, RN, CNP
Negotiating a Contract for Employment and Other Legal Issues for the APN
Joe Fricton, JD
Transitioning into the APN Role
$85 - Students