Cost & Financial Support
Cost of attendance
Each July, the University of Minnesota Board of Regents approves the tuition and fees for the upcoming year. Cost of attendance will vary for each student. The list of fees and tuition can be found on the One Stop Student Services website.
The total estimated cost of attendance is $11,500 per semester for 2017-2018. This includes tuition, university and School of Nursing fees and student health insurance. This does not include travel, lodging or educational materials/books.
School of Nursing scholarships
Many of these scholarships are based in part on financial need, and therefore scholarship applicants must complete a FAFSA application early in the new calendar year (Jan-Mar) for the next academic year (Sept).
You may qualify for a $20,000 Bentson scholarship!
When you apply to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Minnesota, you will be automatically considered for one of up to 50 $20,000 scholarships each year. If selected, the one-time scholarship will be disbursed over the course of your post-baccalaureate DNP education.
- Applications for admission submitted by the October 1, 2018 priority deadline will have scholarship priority
- Applicants must be pursuing their first advanced nursing practice degree
- Applicants must plan to complete the three-year program full time
- Applicants with an expressed plan to practice with underserved populations and/or in rural communities preferred
- Recipients will be notified of their scholarship award at the time of acceptance to the DNP program and specialty