Health Care Design and Innovation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The Health Care Design and Innovation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate prepares health care and design practitioners to create optimal healing environments. Students will learn how to apply design thinking in creating new processes, systems and care environments.
The certificate will emphasize principles that promote healing and safe patient care while maximizing clinical and financial outcomes. The program is offered in a blended format with online coursework as well as on-site learning.
April 1 for Fall admission
November 1 for Spring admission
Led by faculty at the School of Nursing, the College of Design’s Center for Design in Health and the Center for Spirituality & Healing, the certificate will:
- Assist facility managers in understanding the evidence base and design principles inherent in creating optimal healing environments for patients, families, and staff.
- Provide health care practitioners, administrators, and designers with the knowledge and skills to enable them to effectively collaborate in designing and creating optimal healing environments.
- Prepare designers for a specialization in the design of health care facilities.
The program is designed for:
- Interior designers, architects, landscape architects, graphic designers, facility managers
- Health care practitioners including nurses, physicians, pharmacists therapists, and administrators
- Environmental researchers, psychologists, sociologists, and others interested in the design of health care environments
- University of Minnesota School of Nursing
- Center for Spirituality and Healing
- University of Minnesota College of Design
Doctoral Programs Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
800-598-8636 (Toll free)
For curriculum specific questions:
Interested in our programs?
Please tell us about yourself by creating a prospective student profile!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Nursing
- PhD in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Which Program is Right for Me?
- Meet Our Students
- Office of Student & Career Advancement Services