(April 2018) A new partnership between the School of Nursing and the Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs, the School of Dentistry, and the Craniofacial and Cleft Clinics team at the University of Minnesota.
(Oct. 2017) Center faculty showcased their research related to children with chronic conditions and family caregiving with six presentations at the 13th International Family Nursing Conference in Pamplona, Spain in June 2017.
(April 2017) In Minnesota, the School Nurse Organization of Minnesota strives to promote and advance the excellence of school nursing practice.
(Oct. 2016) Linda Lindeke retired from the University of Minnesota earlier this year but continues to effectively advocate for advanced practice nursing and child health through education, practice and policy.
The primary source of stress for mothers with a child in the intensive care unit and children at home was the constant pull between the hospital and home needs and stressors related to separation, according to research recently completed by Sandra Hagstrom, PhD, APRN, for her dissertation Family Stress in Long- Term Pediatric Critical Care. Hagstrom was a pre-doctoral fellow in the Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs whose research was informed by her expertise in pediatric critical care as an advanced practice nurse leader at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital.
Center newsletters are available as PDF documents below. To receive our newsletter, send your e-mail address to CSHCN@umn.edu.
- July 2016 CSHCN Newsletter- DNP graduates and projects
- May 2016 CSHCN Newletter- Dr.Gorlin
- April 2016 CSHCN- Spina Bifida Resources
- March 2016 CSHCN- Muscular Dystrophy Resources
- March 2016 CSHCN- Congenital Heart Disease Resources
- February 2016 CSHCN Newsletter- Dr.Hagstrom
- January 2016 CSHCN- Childhood Obesity Prevention Resources
- December 2015 CSHCN Newsletter- DNP graduates and projects
- November 2015 CSHCN- Cerebral Palsy Resources
- June 2015 CSHCN Newsletter- DNP Graduates and visiting scholar
Ann Garwick, PhD, RN, LMFT, LP, FAAN
School of Nursing
University of Minnesota
308 Harvard Street SE, 5-140 WDH 1331
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0342
Find maps, driving directions, parking information
- Center for Adolescent Nursing
- Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
- Center for Child and Family Health Promotion Research
- Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Center for Nursing Informatics
- Katharine J. Densford International Center for Nursing Leadership