News and Events
Sexuality research gives a consistent answer to the questions, “Do parents make a difference? Do families matter?” Yes! Youth-family connections and communication are keys to young people’s healthy sexual decision-making. Yet, a great challenge for parents and families is how to think about, talk about, and guide young people on a positive path to adulthood, particularly during a time when gender identity and sexual orientation are evolving. Additionally, new technologies continue to dramatically expand young people’s access to a multitude of sexual messages. How are parents helping adolescents navigate exposure to messages, some that may be contrary to their families’ cultures, values, and beliefs?
- Center for Adolescent Nursing
- Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
- Center for Child and Family Health Promotion Research
- Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Center for Nursing Informatics
- Katharine J. Densford International Center for Nursing Leadership