News and Events
Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Grindr – any of these ring a bell? Technology has the power to affect the health and well-being of everyone, but especially adolescents. It can dramatically influence relationships, mental, emotional and sexual health, sleep, learning capability, and technology dependence, among other things. Gen Z – those born in the mid-1990’s through today – has never known life without technology. Parents and caring adults may be challenged communicating with and guiding adolescents when technology is constantly present and ever-changing. How do youth-serving professionals and parent educators navigate this complicated landscape?
- Center for Adolescent Nursing
- Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
- Center for Child and Family Health Promotion Research
- Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Center for Nursing Informatics
- Katharine J. Densford International Center for Nursing Leadership