Center for Adolescent Nursing
Our Center supports both graduate education (including PhD studies with an emphasis in adolescent health) and continuing education (including in-person and distance learning options) that integrate knowledge and skills in leadership, research, and public health practice to expand capacity for addressing the health needs of young people.
About our Center
Through graduate-level courses, intensive learning institutes, and workshops, we provide educational options in adolescent health and leadership for those in practice across all health disciplines.
Addressing the health needs of young people
Serving as a national hub for health professionals specializing in adolescent health, we:
- teach graduate-level seminars and courses
- disseminate educational resources
- offer continuing education
- provide technical assistance/consultation to our maternal and child health (MCH) partners.
- Addressing social determinants of health among young people
- Healthy eating, physical activity, and obesity prevention
- Innovative health promotion services for youth and families
- Promoting healthy development among vulnerable groups of young people
- Preventing risky health behaviors including substance use, sexual risk behaviors, and violence
- Center for Adolescent Nursing
- Center for Aging Science & Care Innovation
- Center for Child and Family Health Promotion Research
- Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Center for Nursing Informatics
- Katharine J. Densford International Center for Nursing Leadership