Jeanne Pfeiffer, DNP, MPH, RN, CIC, FAPIC, FAAN
Clinical Professor, School of Nursing
Clinical Professor, School of Nursing
MPH, University of Minnesota (Public Health), 1988
BS, University of North Dakota (Nursing), 1969
DNP, University of Minnesota (Nursing), 2010
Population Health and Systems
Quality and Safety Competencies for Nurses (QSEN):
- Developing telehealth capacity throughout the BSN, MN and DNP curriculums,
- Developing inter-professional mass influenza immunization capacity; and
- Facilitating the synthesis of QSEN competencies in BSN public health nursing curriculum
- Pfeiffer, J. A. (2015). “APIC Minnesota Mobilizes to Protect Against Ebola Virus Disease”. Prevention Strategist, 8(1), 24-27.
- Moon, J., Pfeiffer, J., Adwan, J., Rudie, M., & Uden, D. (2014). “Immunization Tour: Preparing for mass immunization through pharmacy and nursing inter-professional student-led service-learning”. Innovations in Pharmacy, 5(3), Article 163; 1-10.
- Shadewald, D. & Pfeiffer, J. (2014). Chapter 7 Clinical Prevention and Population Health. In The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advance Practice Nursing (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Flaten, C. & Pfeiffer, J. A. (2014). Chapter 9 Emerging Roles for the DNP. In The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advance Practice Nursing (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Pfeiffer, J. A. (2014). Post Mortem Care. In APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology (4th ed.), Washington, D.C.: APIC.
- Pfeiffer, J. A. & Marx, J. (2009). Orienting the New Infection Preventionist. In APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology (3rd ed.).Washington, D.C.: APIC
- Pfeiffer, J. A., Avery M. D., Benbenek, M., Prepas, R., Summers, L., Wachdorf, C., & O’Boyle, C. (2008). “Maternal and newborn care during disasters: thinking outside the hospital paradigm”. Nurs Clin N Am, 43, 449-67.
- 2004 APIC Immunization Practices Working Group. (2004). Improving health care worker influenza immunization rates.Am J Infec Cont, 32,123-5.
- English, J. F., Cundiff, M. Y., Malone, J. D, Pfeiffer, J. A., Bell, M., Steele, L., & Miller, J. M. (1999 Apr). Bioterrorism Readiness Plan: A Template for Healthcare Facilities. Centers for Disease Control. Available https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.as...
- Goodman, R., Glode, M., Pfeiffer, J., & Grady, J. (1986). A role for the infection control specialist in child day care?.Review of Infectious Diseases, 8(4), 631-633.
- Davis, J., & Pfeiffer, J. (1986). Surveillance of communicable diseases in child day care settings. Review of Infectious Diseases,8(4), 613-617.
- APICMN International Task Force. APIC MN “Ebola Virus Disease is a Plane Ride Away”, September 8, 2014, APICMN Fall Conference
- Chi, C. L., Monsen, K., Pfeiffer, J., Fitzsimmons, L., Tonellato, P. (April 25, 2014). “Maximize Treatment Outcome by Personalized Health Management”, University of Minnesota School of Nursing Research Day.
- Pfeiffer, J., Benbenek, M., Arnold, V., Butz, C., Conrad, C., & Kriz, M. (April 2013). Student-run foot clinic for underserved populations in the Phillips Neighborhood Clinic in Minneapolis”, University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Research Day.
- Pfeiffer, J. & Adwan, J. (April 27, 2012). “ Improving Quality & Safety Competencies for Pre-licensure Nursing Students via Interprofessional Public Health Immunization Course“ University of Minnesota School of Nursing Research Day.
- Pfeiffer, J. (January 31, 2008). “Preparing Students for Emergency with Mass Influenza Vaccination”, University of Minnesota Quality Fair.
- Hickle, A., & Pfeiffer, J. (2008). “Personal and Family Emergency Preparedness: MERET’s Curriculum and Training”, ASPR Annual Meeting, April 2008, Washington, D.C.
- Pfeiffer, J. (2008). “Hospital First- Receivers: Is Your Team Ready to Respond?” ASPR Annual Meeting, April 2008, Washington, D.C.
- Pfeiffer, J., Hoover, S., Hoeppner, M. (2008). “Applying Infection Control Practices: An Online Case-based Assessment”, ASPR Annual Meeting, April 2008, Washington, D.C.
- Pfeiffer, J. & OBoyle, C. (2008). “Care of Mothers and Neonates during Disasters in Low-Resource Settings Outside of Hospitals” ASPR Annual Meeting, April 2008, Washington, D.C.
- Brown, S., Eremin, S., Alonso-echanove, J., Kurtsikashvili, G., Ghadua, M., Ahmeteli, L., Bochoidze, T., Gogadze, N.,Pfeiffer, J., & O Rourke, E. (2001). Serial point-prevalence studies (PPSs) of surgical infections in Republic of Georgia, SHEA Annual Conference, May 2001. (Abstract).
- Van Drunen, N., Bonnickson, G., & Pfeiffer, J. (1993). "Mantoux Testing Programs and Rate of Conversion in Health Care Workers (HCW) in 18 Minnesota Health Care Facilities (HCF). Abstract. American Journal of Infection Control, 21(2), April.
- Bennett, M. E., Pfeiffer, J., Bergman, M., & West, M. (1989). Surgical Intensive Care Unit: Baseline Nosocomial Rates. 1990 APIC Dicentennial Conference Proceedings, Atlanta (Abstract)
- Bennett, M. E., Simpson, M., Pfeiffer, J., & Gruninger, R. (1989) "Risk Factors for Antibody Reactive HIV Patients at HCMC" 1989 APIC Conference proceeding, Dallas TX.
Academic Interests and Focus
2013 Recertified in Infection Control
2008 Recertified in Infection Control
1992 Board Certified in Infection Control