Excellence in Innovation Award
This award honors a School of Nursing graduate who has excelled in:
- The creation of an innovative system/s (something new or a new approach) that supports people in attaining optimal health, or
- Demonstrates novel/innovative approaches of better understanding of how to care for complex care patients, underserved patients, patients with low incidence chronic disease and their families, communities or specific populations
Ways to achieve the innovation should include at least one and preferably two of the following:
- educational interventions,
- programmatic changes,
- a product/device,
- a business,
- a detailed process,
- a service, or
- a new collaboration, or methodology
Nurses who have implemented innovations in academic, healthcare, community, public health, or private industry settings are eligible nominees for this award.
Eligible individuals are graduates of the School of Nursing.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Include nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Nominator’s letter should describe the innovation and how it has impacted health
- Additional letter(s) should be one page and may be from colleagues of the nominee, faculty members or an alumni knowledgeable regarding nominee’s achievements.
- Send completed nomination materials to Barbara Mullikin at email@example.com.
- The School of Nursing Alumni Society Awards Committee will review the nominations and select an awardee.
Description of Award
Recipient will receive a certificate presented at the School of Nursing annual spring reunion.
For questions or more information, contact Barbara Mullikin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Carney Anderson
Russel C. Johnson
Mary Ann Anglim