Tenured Faculty Opportunities
The School's mission is to generate and disseminate to students, colleagues, the wider community, and the world knowledge necessary for improving the health of individuals, families, and populations.
Seeking faculty to Explore, Engage, Excel at the U of M!
The University of Minnesota School of Nursing invites applications for tenured positions at the Professor and Associate Professor levels.
We seek faculty who share our vision of preparing nurse leaders to improve health care through research, evidence-based education, practice, and professional and community service. The School welcomes candidates who are prepared to exercise leadership in a diverse, collegial and interprofessional environment at this top research intensive university.
The School of Nursing focal research areas are:
- Health Promotion among Vulnerable Populations
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Symptom Management
- Health/Nursing Informatics and Systems Innovations
- Contribute to the advancement of nursing science through research and scholarship
- Fulfill responsibilities of regular faculty membership
- Teach and advise graduate and/or undergraduate students, and participate in the development and evaluation of nursing curricula
- Engage in community and professional service associated within area of expertise
- Participate in School of Nursing and University governance activities
- Earned doctorate, or international equivalent
- Ability to meet criteria for appointment as a professor or associate professor with tenure at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing
- Evidence of a well developed area of research and scholarship
- Evidence of an established trajectory of research productivity
- Teaching and advising experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels or comparable teaching experience with positive, supporting evaluation data and evidence of well developed area of expertise
- Earned doctorate in nursing
- Post-doctoral experience
- Eligibility for RN licensure in Minnesota
- National recognition in an area of scholarship
- Established program of extramurally supported research
- Extensive research publication record
- Experience in developing research programs and research teams
- Two or more years of teaching and advising experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
- Professional certification as an advanced practice nurse
- Experience in advising doctoral students
Salary and rank commensurate with experience. Start date of nine month appointment negotiable.
Applications are considered until positions are filled.
- Go to: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/
- Click on either "external applicants" or "university employees", depending on your status.
- Follow the directions to register as an applicant, and apply/upload your materials to job posting #324368
- In the "posted within" drop-down box select "within last year" to find the posting.
Wendy S. Looman, PhD, APRN, CPNP-PC
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
School of Nursing
University of Minnesota
5-140 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
- Message from the Dean
- Faculty & Staff
- Cooperative Units
- Our Facilities
- Inclusivity & Diversity
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Giving to Nursing
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities