Tenure-Track Faculty Opportunities
The School's mission is to generate and disseminate to students, colleagues, the wider community, and the world knowledge necessary for improving the health of individuals, families, and populations.
Seeking faculty to Explore, Engage, Excel at the U of M!
The University of Minnesota School of Nursing invites applications for tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor levels.
We seek faculty who share our vision of preparing nurse leaders to improve health care through research, evidence-based education, practice, and professional and community service. The School welcomes candidates who are prepared to exercise leadership in a diverse, collegial and interprofessional environment at this top research intensive university.
The School of Nursing focal research areas are:
- Health Promotion among Vulnerable Populations
- Prevention and Management of Chronic Health Conditions
- Symptom Management
- Health/Nursing Informatics and Systems Innovation
- Contribute to the advancement of nursing science through research and scholarship
- Fulfill responsibilities of regular faculty membership
- Teach and advise graduate and/or undergraduate students, and participate in the development and evaluation of nursing curricula
- Engage in community and professional service associated within area of expertise
- Participate in School of Nursing and University governance activities
- Earned doctorate, or international equivalent
- Ability to meet criteria for appointment as an Assistant Professor on the tenure track at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing
- Evidence of productivity in a defined area of research and scholarship
- Evidence of teaching and/or mentoring experience
- Earned doctorate in nursing
- Post-doctoral experience
- Eligibility for RN licensure in Minnesota
- Recognition in an area of scholarship
- Record of external research funding
- Substantive research publication record
- Experience in leading research teams
- Teaching and advising experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
Salary and rank commensurate with experience. Start date of nine month appointment negotiable.
Applications are considered until positions are filled.
Wendy S. Looman, PhD, APRN, CPNP-PC
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
School of Nursing
University of Minnesota
5-140 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
- Message from the Dean
- Faculty & Staff
- Cooperative Units
- Our Facilities
- Inclusivity & Diversity
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Giving to Nursing
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities